Things are going well at your work. Kids’ grades are high. Wife is doing a great job in keeping the home organized and the family in harmony. What could be the best reward for everyone? Yes, a family travel. However, the destination is something that everyone in the family should have an opinion on. Whether it is a trip just outside the city or overseas, it is important that you take into consideration the family travel safety of everyone.
Here’s a checklist to help you as plan your vacation:
- Be sure to take the necessary shots or vaccinations when traveling especially the kids. You can’t just get sick during the trip and ruin the family vacation.
- Be sure to inform close friends and family members about your travel itinerary. This way, they would know where to reach you in case of emergency.
- When packing, just bring all the necessary things. Do not carry with you valuable stuff. This could only attract criminals.
- Before you leave, you should have researched about the location of police station, embassies, consular, and hospitals in the place you are visiting.
- Do not bring a large sum of money with you. As much as possible, travel with a traveler’s check or one or two credit cards. Leave your other credit cards at home.
- Check out for travel advisory for your country. Check whether citizens of your country are safe to travel in your vacation destination.
- Check your travel insurance weeks before leaving.
Travel Tips When With Kids
- If you’re traveling by car with a young child, make sure to get a car booster seat for him. You can check out https://bestcarseatbooster.com/for the best booster seats you could choose from. Always put the safety and comfort of your child at the top of your priority list.
- Teach kids on how to make use of public pay phones or their mobile phone. Instruct them that whenever they get out of your sight, they should call immediately. There should be some coins in their pockets to be able to make use of pay phone.
- Make your kids easy to identify by dressing them with colorful and bright clothes for easy spotting. It would not be a wise idea though to have her first name embroidered or emblazoned on her tops. Kids easily give their trust to strangers who call them by their first names.
- Let them carry a safety tool with them like a whistle. Tell them to blow the whistle when a suspicious stranger tries to talk to them or tire to bring them somewhere else.
- When your child goes missing, immediately report it. Even a few seconds delay can bring possible danger to your child.
It is important to have a background on the, law, culture, and traditions of a country or place you are visiting. This is to make sure that you would not be breaking any of their laws or do some things that are against their local norms and beliefs. Be sure to have all these family travel safety tips checked before and during the trip and be backing home in one piece.