Are you interested in replacing your old pillow because you constantly wake up with all sorts of aches and pains? Did you check out the offer on the market, but since it is so diverse, you dont know where to begin? We are happy to share useful information regarding the main types of pillows that deserve your attention, so check over here the details.
1. Down or feather pillows. They are typically made of the inner plumage of ducks or geese. Since these pillows are firm, they are good for side sleepers who need good support for their shoulders and spine. Such a pillow is breathable and resilient and can last for up to ten years. An important detail to consider regarding down or feather pillows is that they are usually avoided by people who suffer from asthma and allergies. There is no scientific proof that they affect people who deal with these medical conditions, but they still prefer to avoid them.
2. Wool or cotton pillows. If you suffer from allergies, there is no better choice for you than a wool or cotton pillow. These pillows are not susceptible to mold and dust mites, which is why they make such an efficient choice for you. They are quite firm, so stomach sleepers should avoid them, although there are new, thin designs available on the market that you can try out despite being a stomach sleeper.
3. Latex pillows. These pillows are made from rubber trees, and their main features are that they are elastic and resilient. They are mold-resistant, which means that they can safely be used by people who suffer from allergies. Compared to memory foam pillows, latex pillows are cooler, and they can form to fit the shape of your head and neck. A downside to these pillows is that they can be expensive.
4. Memory foam pillows. These pillows have grown very popular in the last few years, with more and more people wanting to change their old pillow with a memory foam one. They are made of polyurethane, which is mixed with additional chemicals, and they come in all shapes and sizes. Memory foam pillows are so popular because they provide excellent support for the neck and shoulders.
5. Specialty pillows. There are certain sleeping habits and positions for which a normal pillow is not a good choice. For example, if you suffer from sleep apnea, there is a perfect sleep position that helps with your condition. A positional pillow is a perfect choice in your case because it is a lower case n-shaped pillow. If you suffer from neck tension and constant headaches, then you should search for a cervical pillow. If you wish to keep cool at night because you tend to overheat, search for a cool pillow. These pillows are designed to contain fillings that have the role to absorb head heat.
As you can see, there are numerous types of pillows on the market. Find the one that is right for you and enjoy a better nights sleep.