Have you chosen to join the world of boxing but you don’t know much about it yet? Well, it is important for you to have it clear in your mind that boxing is going to be excellent for a healthy life. Yes, you can do it at a professional level but if you remain at amateurs, you will at least gain a lot of confidence and you will stay in excellent shape for long years. This is already a win situation for you. Now, if you feel the need of some tips and tricks in order to make the best out of the time spent training and in order to avoid injuries as much as possible, we are happy to share a few. Here is a short list:
- Always stay hydrated- A typical training session will eat anywhere between 400 and 700 calories and this happens in half an hour. Clearly, you will sweat a lot. This is the reason why it is vital to stay hydrated.
- Make sure that you have the right equipment. Since you are still a beginner, you will first need a light T-shirt and some shorts. For the training sessions, get running shoes while the sparring sessions require special boxing shoes.
- Cardio training- If you don’t have a good shape when it comes to cardio training, you should definitely turn your attention to cardio. Cardio is very important for boxers and it helps them improve their boxing skills. This is why we recommend you to invest time in jogging, for example.
- Bring the right gloves- As you begin to train more and more, you will need boxing gloves. It is important to bring the right ones; otherwise, you are going to be at risk of injuries. I am sure that you don’t want to get injured before even getting the chance to be in the ring for a real match, so don’t be cheap when it comes to boxing gloves. If you are a bit overwhelmed with the wide selection available, then simply check out this review of the Hayabusa T3 boxing gloves. These are among the newest and best types of boxing gloves now available on the market and I know for sure that you are going to be pleasantly impressed.
- Learn to correctly wrap your hands- Having good boxing gloves is not going to be enough in order to protect you from injuries. It is also important to learn how to correctly wrap your hands because the wrist needs support while you need to have enough padding space left. If you don’t know how to do this, coaches and more experienced boxers will be happy to show you.
Put these tips and tricks into application and we can guarantee the fact that you will be protected from injuries and accidents. Of course, it is also important to carefully listen to your coach, as you will learn valuable things by paying attention. Just play things smart and we can guarantee you that you will be happy with the results.